Wednesday, February 19, 2014
The Jesus Bible (Zondervan)
By Janey DeMeo
Special to ASSIST News Service
(ANS) -- The Jesus Bible, NIV – Discover Jesus in Every Book of the Bible (Zondervan) is just the thing to boost the faith of young teens and to encourage them to read God’s Word.
The Jesus Bible not only looks cool with its colorful graphics—it is cool. One cool feature is that it highlights where Jesus pops up in every book of the Bible. Whether New Testament or Old, Jesus can be found in every book of the Bible; every part of the Bible points to Him. And when you discover that—especially when you’re a young person beginning your faith journey—it is exhilarating.
And there are many other nifty features that set The Jesus Bible apart and make it a winner, such as the following:
* Each book provides a “Hints of the Savior” section, pointing to where Jesus
can be seen in that particular book of the Bible.
* 365 devotions also highlight the “sightings” of Jesus in the Old Testament and his life and teachings in the New Testament.
* Applications throughout to help make Jesus’ teachings relevant to contemporary life.
* Hundreds of clues emphasize promises and prophesies made about Jesus in the Old Testament and their fulfillment in the New Testament.
* An Old Testament index of prophecies that are fulfilled in Christ.
*Tips on how to “Live Like Jesus.”
* Convenient list of Jesus’ miracles and parables.
* List of appearances (and witnesses) of the risen Jesus.
* Timeline of Jesus’ life.
* Lineage of Jesus.
* Topical concordance.
* The complete NIV Bible.
Kudos for this hardcover Bible with its lightly edgy look and great content
This story also appears in The Christian Perspectives Examiner: www.examiner.com/review/the-jesus-bible.
See all ASSIST News articles at www.assistnews.net
This review is the personal view of the writer and does not necessarily reflect the views of the ASSIST News Service or ASSIST Ministries.
|Janey DeMeo is founder and director of Orphans First -- a nonprofit organization helping suffering children around the world. She is also an author and speaker. Her husband, Louis, is a church-planter, mentor and pastor. They were formerly missionaries to France for 22 years and also worked in developing countries. They are now based in Southern California where they continue their ministry mentoring people to walk closer to Jesus. They both taught at the Calvary Chapel Bible College. For more information, please check out:
** You may republish this story with proper attribution.
Send this story to a friend.