By Jerry B. Jenkins, Special to ASSIST News Service
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO (ANS, June 22, 2015) –Among the trappings that accompany visibility (mine came from the surprising success of the Left Behind novels I wrote for Tim LaHaye) is that one is suddenly asked to endorse everything from political candidates to other authors’ efforts.
I quickly learned, for the sake of credibility, to establish rigid policies (i.e., a book has to be in my field of expertise, I have to read the manuscript in its entirety, I have to sincerely like it, etc.) and to more often than not politely decline.
But I confess a soft spot for nonprofit ministries where no one benefits but the consumer and where I know the hearts and motives of the people in charge.
Such is the case of the service that provides the piece you’re reading right now.
Dan Wooding, the man behind the ASSIST News Service, is an old friend, and I mean that literally. He is old, and he’s a friend. A 74-year-old Brit with more than half a century in the newsgathering and news writing business, Dan is a consummate professional who churns out stories every day from all over the world, covering popular culture, books, the persecution of Christians, and people who make a difference.
Here’s why ASSIST New Service is so easy to recommend:
* Dan’s not asking for a thing, and he’s offering everything.
* He wants to vastly increase the reach of ANS, so he’s offering a free subscription to the ASSIST News Service.
* That means you get free news stories from all over the world in your In Box every day, no strings attached. If “knowledge is power,” as philosopher Francis Bacon said, imagine the power you’ll have. That knowledge will inform your work, your ministry, your prayer life.
Too busy to read them today? Store them, file them, read them tomorrow. Delete them. More will be there the next day.
Worried Dan will exploit your email address? Trust me, he won’t. He promises to use it only to send you the stories.
Free news from top international pros. Zero obligation.
Here’s how easy it is:
* Go to www.assistnews.net
* Scroll down about two-thirds of the way to the bottom on the right side to where you can subscribe.
* You’ll receive an email asking you to confirm, and once you do that, your stories will begin arriving.
I’m a subscriber and find the news service vital to my work. I think you will too.
If nothing else, visit www.assistnews.net to learn a little more about my fascinating, old, friend.
Photo captions: Jerry B. Jenkins and Dan Wooding with two of their latest books. 2) Jerry B. Jenkins.
About the writer: Jerry B. Jenkins teaches writing at jerryjenkins.com. He has written 21 New York Times bestsellers with sales of more than 70 million copies. He and his wife Dianna live in Colorado and have three grown sons and eight grandchildren.
** You may republish this and or any of our ANS stories with attribution to the ASSIST News Service (www.assistnews.net)