LOS ANGELES, CA – Featuring an extraordinary international cast, thrilling action and amazing visual effects, A.D.: The Bible Continues is a must-own release which arrives just in time for the holidays, completing your collection with the #1 miniseries of all time The Bible, and the film, Son of God. The spectacular 12-part series picks up where the smash hit miniseries “The Bible” left off.
The four-disc Blu-ray™ and DVD set dives deeper into the making of the iconic tale with over 45 minutes of exclusive features.
Audiences will be captivated by the special features which include the following:
* Continuing the Bible – Roma Downey and Mark Burnett discuss their decision to create a sequel to the “The Bible” – how the project came to be, why it is different from “The Bible,” and how the story begins and evolves
* Casting A.D. – An epic miniseries means an epic sized cast. Visit the actors on and off set as they discuss their characters and share their stories of coming to the project
* The Past Comes Alive – Get a behind-the-scenes look at the filming of several key scenes, including the baptism of Saul, the elaborate arrival of high Roman officials, and banquet feasts in Pilate’s palace courtyard
* Touring the Sets – The production designers discuss recreating the world of 33 A.D. Jerusalem, and showcase the massive sets built for the show which includes:
o Pilate’s Palace
o The streets of Jerusalem and the safe house, as shown by Adam Levy (Peter)
o The temple exterior and plaza, toured by Richard Coyle (Caiaphas)
o A tour of the streets with Pastor Charles Jenkins and his wife commenting on the authentic feel of the sets and set dressing:
*The Fabric of the Time – Explore the massive feat of dressing cast and extras in period costume. Tour the costume tent and visit with many of the actors as they show us the elaborate detail that went into creating their garments, including a time lapse of Pablo Di Pace as Jesus being made up for the crucifixion
* Recreating the Power of God – Join visual effects supervisor Martin Davison as he discusses bringing the power of God to life in A.D. through practical and visual effects
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment bring A.D.: The Bible Continues, as executive producers Downey (The Bible) and Burnett (The Bible, The Voice) journey through the later chapters of biblical history on Blu-ray™ and DVD on November 3.
“A.D. The Bible Continues” picks up where the smash hit miniseries “The Bible” left off, continuing the greatest story ever told and exploring the exciting and inspiring events that followed the Crucifixion of Christ.
Set in a world of bloody Roman oppression, and bitter political rivalries, the struggle to control The Holy Land unfolds between the Apostles, Pontius Pilate, Caiaphas, the Zealots, and the Herod Family struggle to control The Holy Land.
The series aired on NBC and was produced by LightWorkers Media with Burnett, Downey and Richard Bedser serving as executive producers.
United Artists Media Group (UAMG) is a joint venture among MGM, Mark Burnett, Roma Downey and Hearst Corporation, focused on developing, producing and financing premium content across all platforms, including scripted and non-scripted television programs, motion pictures and digital content.
Celebrated Emmy®-nominated actress and producer Roma Downey and her award-winning husband, producer Mark Burnett, launched LightWorkers Media in 2011 with the children’s DVD and book series LITTLE ANGELS and its companion LITTLE ANGELS STORYBOOK BIBLE.
LightWorkers Media produced the 10-hour hit miniseries THE BIBLE, which was seen in the USA by 100 million people, was one of the fastest-selling TV-to-disc titles ever and was nominated for three Emmy® awards.
In addition, Roma and Mark have co-authored several books published by Faithwords. They are ambassadors for two children’s organizations, Operation Smile and Compassion. LightWorkers Media is dedicated to shining a light and bringing uplifting content to people of all ages.