By Carol Round, Special to ASSIST News Service
CLAREMORE, OK (ANS – April 10, 2016) — “So be very careful how you live. Do not live like people who aren’t wise. Live like people who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity. The days are evil”— Ephesians 5:15-16(NIRV).
Have you ever sat in a public place quietly observing others? Maybe it was at a mall or a park. Maybe it was while waiting at the doctor’s office for your appointment where you found yourself listening to the words of those around you, watching their actions and even judging their appearance. I know I’m guilty.
However, have you ever thought about the reverse? What if others are watching and listening to you? Would they see Jesus in you if they did?
Read and reflect on the following questions and then answer the previous one:
1. If someone had observed me throughout the day today, would they know I was a Christian without having to ask me?
2. Where is God on my priority list?
3. Am I serious about my faith or is it just a game I play to make myself feel better?
4. Do I act the same way when I’m at church as when I’m with other friends or with my family?
5. Am I willing to make sacrifices in order to grow in my relationship with God?
6. Do I take time every day to consider the love of God, to remember what Jesus has done for me?
7. Am I willing to follow Christ and live out my faith even when it costs me something?
8. Am I willing to put others before myself?
9. Am I quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger?
10. Do I talk to God as much as I talk on my cell phone?
11. Do I know enough about the Bible to have a biblical world view? Or are my opinions formed through many other sources except the Bible?
12. Am I as excited to see someone come to Christ and be baptized as I am seeing my favorite football team score a touchdown?
13. How do I express my love for God in my everyday actions?
14. Do I spend so much time doing everything else that I have no time left for God? No time left for church? No time left to pray?
15. Am I willing to be stretched in my faith?
16. Being completely honest with myself, what change in my life does God want me to make?
17. Am I a more faithful Christian today than I was a year ago?
18. Do I serve others as if I were serving Christ himself?
19. Do I pray “Here am I Lord, use me;” or “Oh God, you’ve got to be kidding. Please find someone else.”
20. Do I fear God and nothing else?
21. Have I asked the Holy Spirit to give me a new heart, a heart full of love for God?
22. Who or What is holding me back?
23. Am I headed in God’s direction?
Have you forgotten you represent Jesus Christ in this world?
Photo captions: 1) Waiting to be called in a doctor’s office. 2) Carol Round.
** You may republish this or any of our ANS stories with attribution to the ASSIST News Service (www.assistnews.net).